Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 Naughty List (products)



There are a few items this year that didn't suit my fancy, didn't float my boat, or disappointed in some way, so here is the 2012 Naughty List of products!  (they could work well for you, these of course are just my personal opinion and what worked/didn't work for ME)

ImPrESS nails:  Same as they were in the 80's as Lee Press On nails. Trashy. Didn't fit right, didn't stick well, looked totally fake.
RECOMMEND:  NO

Target store brand Eye Makeup Remover:  Usually I am all for store brands, but this immediately irritated my eye and gave me a stye in my eye.  Spend the extra $1 and get a name brand makeup remover for your delicate eye area!
RECOMMEND: NO

Physician's Formula Organic Tinted Moisturizer:  Very limited coverage, if it all. I wouldn't even call it light coverage.  Had a very slippery, almost oily texture that didn't fit/stay on the skin well or rub in well. If you're looking for a light coverage moisturizer I would try the BB Creams out there, this was very disappointing.
RECOMMEND: NO

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush:  The consistency is unique, but it's not suited well for actual application to your face. The product moves around alot in the packaging, and it takes alot to show up on your face. Plus because you have to swipe a lot, the product gets tiny flecks on your finger so then you're rubbing pieces of blush on your face. It's a hot mess. Didn't prefer this.
RECOMMEND: NO


Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner:  I liked the "idea" of this eyeliner, gliding on with a great, tiny brush but the actuality of this product didn't live up to the hype.  The product that comes in the little pot is hard to get the right amount onto the brush. The instructions say to just wipe excess off, but it's such a pain in the butt trying to get any correct amount of this interesting texture of eyeliner onto the brush in the first place. Then actually applying it didn't work as effortlessly as I had hoped. I'd have to say I prefer the liquid pen eyeliners over this gel mess for sure.
RECOMMEND: NO

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara: I liked the white conditioning mascara you put on before the actual mascara, BUT the black mascara forms tubes around your eyelashes to extend them. Which in theory sounds fantastical. Until you take it off at night and you feel all these little pieces of mascara tubes coming off your eyes and into the sink. Bad part is, it took off some of my eyelashes too!! It's been over a month and I've been waiting for the "middle" of my right eye's eyelashes to grow back in. This can tear out your eyelashes and make them wonky. Dislike! (I do love their blue/gold Double Extend mascara, though, recommend that one!)
RECOMMEND: NO

Maybelline Colossol Volume Cat Eyes Mascara:  Sort of liked this one. I liked the curve brush and that it did try and curl out those end eyelashes for a more cat eye look. But the mascara is gloppy and clumped alot. Not worth the $$.
RECOMMEND: NO

L'OREAL Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara: DID NOT LIKE THE BRUSH. It didn't have alot of bristles to it, plastic, big, and didn't do anything spectacular for my lashes. Plus everytime I'd apply it would end up on my eyelid, cuz of the weird brush. 
RECOMMEND: NO

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Lipstick: This one is an undecided. I did try it a couple Sundays ago, but put a shiny gloss over it, then put more of the lipstick over that. So it could very well be just poor application on my part, because it left my lips super dry and half of it came off. This is a long lasting lipgloss/stick so i think those tend to be dry in the first place so they'll stay on your lips, but I'll have to try again doing exactly as the instructions say and I'll let you know.  It could still be a NO for how dry it makes your lips, we will SEE!
RECOMMEND: Maybe

I hope my reviews help you in some way! If you've had different OR similar experiences with any of these products please let me know!  Remember you can always follow me on Twitter @ LetsReview1
or check out my Youtube page, at LetsReviewHillaryN!




2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the Million Lashes....Hated it. And, the Liquid Lipstick is strange. I haven't figured out how to use it without it drying my lips out, even with chap stick under it. Love to see posts from you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya exactly, cuz i want my lipstick to stay for 12 hours or whatever but not if my lips are gonna end up looking like a dried up prune, flaky mess hahaha!

      Delete